You can now make international payments from Dozens

International payments are here!!

With 1.5.3 any Dozens user can now make payments to accounts outside of the UK.

To do this, go to your SPEND tab and select ‘Payments’ as normal. With the latest version of the app you will see the ‘International bank payment’ option.

The information required to set up a new payee can vary depending on the currency, so take a look at what you will need to get from the person you are paying! There is also a minimum payment of £10 (or the equivalent) just as there is with ATM withdrawals.

Can I receive money into my account?

For the time being you still cannot receive payments into your Dozens account, but we hope to bring this to you along with many other useful services in the near future.

What currencies can I pay?

Here is the full list of countries and currencies covered so far:

Currency Country
Australian dollar (AUS) Australia
Canadian dollar (CAD) Canada
Czech koruna (CZK) Czech Republic
Danish krone (DKK) Denmark
Euro (EUR) Austria
Belgium
Cyprus
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Portugal
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Hong Kong dollar (HKD) Hong Kong
Hungarian forint (HUF) Hungary
Norwegian krone (NOK) Norway
Singapore dollar (SGD) Singapore
Swedish krona (SEK) Sweden
United States dollar (USD) USA

What do Dozens charge?

Dozens charges 25 basis points (0.25%) on the transaction value, and nothing else. The exchange rate you see in the app already includes the Dozens fee.

If you have any further questions about payments, then let us know here, or search the FAQ in the app. If you are still not sure about something, contact our friendly customer service team.

Do let us know how you get on with this new feature, and maybe tell us more about how you use these payments.

6 Likes

This looks like a great option, especially in Europe, but at least for smaller amounts the charge for accepting SWIFT payments with some banks is more than the conversion.

Not that I think it is a bad decision but what made you decide to use your own system for international payments instead of integrating TransferWise like Monzo and some others?

that’s a good question

this is something that we have been working on for a while. As we’ve said before, we like to have control over our orchestration layer so that we can choose the best options for our customers and Dozens in the longer term. Just doing the same as everyone else does not help to create difference and innovation for customers.

In this case we have learnt a lot from this implementation and getting this service live. We are still a small and very business and we need to learn more about how our customers use these services before we can refine each tool. In the longer term we may be able to take our experience and use this to build an even better tool, or negotiate the best deal for our customers with new partners.

We will be keeping an eye on how well this works and how our customers use the service, so please do let us know about your experience and send us your feedback!

3 Likes