Update on debit card top-up service changes

If you are not on the latest version of the Dozens app (currently 1.8.1) then you will soon receive a reminder to update your app by email and notification.

Update today

Visit your app store to make sure you are running the latest version. This includes changes that were introduced by our partner that carries out debit card top-ups for your Dozens account.

If you haven’t updated your Dozens app by the 31st March, you may struggle to top up via a debit card. You should still be able to top-up, but some may fail and we want to avoid any delays or problems for our customers.

Bank transfers and card transactions are not affected.

How to check your version

Log in to the Dozens app, and click on your user icon (top left) to visit ‘Your profile’.

At the bottom of this page you will find the ‘log out’ button and below it, the details of the app version

Alternatively, you can look this up in your app store

Background

Dozens is built on a platform we call PI1 which was purpose-built by our parent company (:pi:) to bring together our own systems and some of the best and most up-to-date technology partners.

In this case, one of our tech partners has upgraded their systems and we have incorporated these changes in our app too. If you are using the latest version, then you are already getting the benefits of this change.

However, if you are still using an older version of the Dozens app, this may not include all the correct functionality, and there is a chance that a top-up may fail. Debit card top-ups tend to be used when customers are in a rush (e.g. travelling or shopping) and this could delay your transfer and mean you could be unable to access your funds until it is resolved.

Please keep your app updated to ensure you always have access to the latest security, upgrades, bug-fixes and content.

I just got an email saying that i appear to be on an earlier version, and saw this community post earlier today but unless i’m reading this wrongly I appear to be on a later version than what you’re saying is the latest? Not that it matters either way particularly to me, i’m just not sure if i’m on the latest or an earlier one that needs upgrading like the email suggests, or some entirely different version? Just flagging my confusion so you can tell me @robert that i’m an idiot who hasn’t read it properly or something…

Sorry about that.

The stats on exactly what version customers are on was maybe not accurate in your case, but we’d rather err on the side of having you check, than missing out on the update and being affected.

I’ll ask about the email, but thanks for staying up to date. In fact I think when this email went out there was a minor difference between ios and android, so you have the most up to date version installed.

1 Like

Cool! As i say I was more just highlighting the confusion with the whole thing for me, I may not be the only one in this situ so just thought you might want to feed back or something, but its all good!

2 Likes