Round Up not working

rules

I’ve just received my card, swopped the pin,turned on round up in dozens rules and made my first purchase.
Everything went smoothly apart from the round up part.
I’ve had to manually send my change over to Saves.
Hope it’s a one off glitch.

No, it’s just very slow (as in next day):

1 Like

That’ll explain it then. Many thanks @ColinR🙂

Should probably add to that a little that it’s usually the next working day. Since the round-up currently occurs when the transaction settles.

My Tesco transactions are usually rounded up early hours of the next morning, except when I shop on a Friday, them the round-up happens on the Monday morning.

2 Likes

I hope they can manage to speed it up. I’m used to instant round ups with Starling and Monzo which helps you know where your balance is at.
I hasten to say Dozens has replaced my Monzo at this point.

1 Like

If I recall Robs last response on this correctly, they are planning to change the way round-up work since it’s not very intuitive having the round-ups occur when the transaction settles :slight_smile:

1 Like

correct - this is underway and may show up in an app update very shortly

4 Likes

Excellent! I am currently finding this the most frustrating part of the app - especially Saturday purchases that don’t round up until Monday. I would much prefer payments to show up as whole numbers (i.e. £4.00, not £3.85 and £0.15) but that’s not as important as it all being on the same day. Great to hear this is being fixed, thank you :smile:

2 Likes

I do understand that Daisy.

It has take a little longer than expected to get this into the live app, but we are currently working on it and testing it, so hopefully it will not be too long.

Has the rounding up helped you put some money aside yet? I’ve saved over £100 in the last couple of months from this alone which was quite a surprise to me

Yes, absolutely! Only about £2 so far :rofl: but I have only been using my card for a week!! The weekly savings rule (£5 every Friday) is helping a lot too.

Looking forward to the update

1 Like

It’s been working for me as far as I know. I must admit to not checking it daily or calculating it, but I use the card quite a bit and have a fair chunk from the rounding up in savings