To preface this I was initially going to title this thread as ‘complicated’ because I only started my critique based on the confusing budget. But then it spiraled into me detailing more than that, I thought I’d ask you guys to help me name it as I have no idea anymore and it’s 05:27 thanks
So, I’m a Seedrs investor & shareholder and I really did like the message Dozens was sending: we build profit alongside your savings
I was a big saver. I’ve noticed since that to make money and head towards financial freedom you have to be willing to spend some of your savings, but that’s besides the point.
I just downloaded the Dozens app again and I can only say one thing: it’s crowded and complicated
Improvements I think could be made:
- Remove investments, they’re not live.
- Simplify your budgets. I have a budget and expenses within that budget, why can’t I just name an expense and then tell you the amount of said expense? I had the ability to add multiple things to a single expense and that’s really confusing.
- Remove cash savings (I’ll go into more detail on this below)
- Change roundups. You want customers to have financial visibility - a few days after my transaction settles I roundup to cash savings just clutters the feed. All I want to know is: a) where I spent, b) how much I spent, c) how much it cost incl roundup
- Add proper savings. Vaults, pots, jars, whatever you want to call it. Use this to replace cash savings. I think you can seriously compete with Pingit/HyperJar if you add this. Especially since you’re going down the route of multiple cards.
I think you could also do with expanding CS hours. As I’ve mentioned before definitely think about partnering with not-GPS if possible too - since you’ve mentioned you can’t bring processing in-house as of right now.