Looking for community help with… my neighbourhood and home life

There’s probably no other word that seems more synonymous to community than neighbourhood. However, it’s especially important that we remain in social isolation during this lockdown (see here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus).

So how can we still feel close to people whilst staying safe at home?

Has your local community reached out (virtually) to you recently?

1 Like

I’m on my local nextdoor community, and it’s really nice to see what perfect strangers will do for one another, never would have thought it’d be the case in London TBH :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know what you mean. Each town has its own way of forming connections but looks like tech has our back, especially in busy London.

Can you give an example of something/someone you’ve helped out with? I haven’t been of much use yet in my neighbourhood.

Well, couldn’t do any of the physical stuff (as got the dreaded bug), but did give a few bits and pieces of advice, mainly debunking medical BS. And you’d be amazed how far that can go when you take the time to explain exactly why it’s not right, in a language people don’t get, instead of just dismissing them as gullible idiots (which, I admit, IS my first reflex).

1 Like

It’s important to stay openminded and patient in times like these. There’s an innumerable amount information out there, with some pretty eye catching headlines which pull us in all kinds of directions. The good thing about community is it should be a space for kindness and understanding, and not judgement. I hope your neighbourhood community is sticking together. :muscle:

1 Like

Agreed. I think one great thing that the community apps do is that they humanise use, compared to social media where the profile pushing the same stuff is very likely a bot. So it helps with turning on patience mode, instead of just block and delete :slight_smile:

2 Likes