Let's get to know each other :)

Monzo and Starling have their own version of this.

Settle Up and Pay with a link.

1 Like

What was the major issue with Monzo?

@jpw I am in a very similar position having been with First Direct for years but have dipped my toe into the challenger space in search of a better product. Just in the process of moving my business account to Starling from NatWest (Business Banking Switch and no charges) and I could almost see as a replacement for First Direct. Others are less mature but have their niche - Starling (Foreign Transfer) Tandem (Cash Back Credit Card) Revolut (Foreign Transfer) and Curve (Card Aggregation). None are complete products however and I am really hopeful that Curve, once it receives a banking licence may actually become my main bank, based on its current direction of travel. Lets see, however looking forward to starting the journey, currently 3451 in the queue, also looking forward to seeing the Seedrs proposition.

2 Likes

Hi @katja - I live in Clapham with my 0 kids and 0 husbands, but working on both of those :rofl:

My background is in FinTech - There aren’t many cards / accounts I don’t have, having previously been deeply involved with the betas of many products.

I’m currently working for a social impact FinTech firm, helping those suffering from the poverty premium, the underbanked, and unbankable.

I enjoy my days in our funky cool offices in the heart of Piccadilly Circus.

I don’t enjoy electric shocks, but I love spiders, heights and rollercoasters. I need more rollercoasters in my life.

Keep smiling! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have Curve indicated they’re working towards a banking license?

Can’t say I’ve seen any statements around that. :thinking:

2 Likes

I didn’t think Curve were going in that direction. I decided against that type of card as it loses the link to the original transaction. Once Amex blocked it, that took away a key benefit (amex points on transactions not normally offered), and I suspect other banks may follow. I’m not an Amex customer (never never) but still I disagree with ‘middle men’ for the sake of it

Apologies for the implication, I now realise I mistakenly combined challenger banks with curve as a non bank fintech solution in the same list.

1 Like

I almost understood what you said :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Dave, I’m an addict. A fintech addict.

Currently wondering how many random codes I can enter on the app before I either get locked out or find one that lets me in!

1 Like

Welcome Dave(TMG)!!

No need for that :slight_smile:

What stage in the process are you at? If you can see the screen in order to enter the code, you are “in the queue” and that means there’s every chance you will get your code in the next few days as we clear as many from the queue as possible!

Yeah I’m in the queue… tap tap tap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey all, excited i’m in the queue! No invitation codes going are there? :wink:

3 Likes

hello to all more recent joiners! We’ve had quite a few new people sign up recently and it would be great if we could hear from you about what interests you and what brings you to Dozens.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’ve actually been with Dozens from the beginning… hello to all of you from Project Imagine days! I attended the day where we able to provide feedback on what we thought about the app and I honestly really liked the idea of Dozens! Which is what brings me here, the difference, the fact that I can actually save and get a decent return on my money, unlike the usual high street banks. Plus, the fact that it is aimed at the everyday person, run by everyday people, who actually want to know what their customers think and take feedback into consideration!

1 Like

thanks so much @maria … that means you’ve been involved with this project even longer than me :rofl:

Do you recognise any updates to the app from the feedback on those days? It feels so familiar to me now that looking back on early demos already seems like a long time ago to me, even if it was only a few months ago really.

Hopefully I can meet you in person at an event in the near future

1 Like

You’re welcome @robert! And no way :joy: how long have you been involved with the project?

Yes, I do recognise quite a few! The suggestions of the graphs being used is the main one and I completely agree with you, the development process over the past few months really shows in a positive way.

Definitely, it’s really nice meeting all of you from the Dozens team!

Just realised it has been a while since we heard from some of the new and recent joiners. The community continues to grow and I really do enjoy seeing how varied the participants are here.

Do feel free to say hello, even if you’ve been here a while now, so we can get to know each other better. You never know what fun connections we can make

2 Likes

Hi there,

My name is Menzer. I live in London with my husband, Sacha. I love to travel and eat delicious food :cheese::cut_of_meat::baguette_bread::taco::sushi:

I am working towards improving my financial health all around. I’m passionate about empowering other women to take charge of their finances for better choices and freedom.

Let’s chat :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes