Customer service suggestion - proactive engagement when things go wrong

During my recent app issues of not being able to access the spend section of the app (resolved after uninstalling and re-installing the app) I requested a transfer of funds via the helpdesk to another (non-dozens) account… The transfer was processed yesterday morning but has not been received in my other account over 24 hours later…

I’ve chased this up with customer support and they have raised a ticket with the payments team but I had to chase this up with them today to get any update on what has happened… I appreciate it can take time to get feedback and pass this between teams but given I now have multiple thousands of pounds ‘missing’ between accounts I would suggest that customer service is perhaps a bit more proactive in cases like this where transfers have not gone through etc… it is these kinds of customer experiences that can make or break an impression of a company - it would have been a much better experience for me to have received an update (via email or via in app chat) to let me know what is happening with regards to this issue.

UPDATE: the money has now arrived in the other account but my suggestion for a more pro-active customer service response to this type of issue still stands

Sorry about this. [I see you updated in the interim - glad to know it was sorted]

As you will appreciate, when manual interventions are involved, it takes a lot of coordination on this side and it may take some time to get back to you - manual payments are not something we do in volume, so the service team is limited, but they are doing their best - currently across multiple systems, some of which are being turned off!

We will definitely be looking into these comms though and will try our best to keep you updated.

We will also be updating our messaging system in the app to keep customers more up to date in general.

1 Like