This event is now finished, but saving the post for your reference - see below for some details of what happened
If you are a logged-in member of the community, you gave you the first chance to sign up to this, but we would like to open up the last few places to those who may have missed it, or maybe only read the community but have yet to join (there are a surprising number).
JOIN US FOR A ONE-DAY EVENT - THIS FRIDAY (12th July)
Join us for a day of co-creation, conversation and fun. We are running this event to help to create something really new and useful for the High Street, but we need YOUR input.
Read on for further details and the incentives for participation…
Bank branches in the high streets: it’s time for a re-think!
Up and down the UK, bank branches have been closing, leaving high streets, businesses and residents reeling. Yet, a large number of us still rely on bank branches. Replacing a bank with an app is simply not an option for everyone, as nearly 50% of people say that they do not use any apps to manage their finances (source: YouGov).
At Dozens, we don’t think all of banking problems are going to be solved digitally. Real world innovation is just as important. We put customers at the centre of everything we do, so we’re inviting you to invent the future of bank branches together. We can’t do this without you.
Date: 12 July, 10am – 4pm
Place: Paddington Arts, 32 Woodfield Road, London, W9 2BE, UK
We need you to be present for the whole session until 4pm but we guarantee that you will enjoy yourself and that it will be worth your time.
We want to find out:
- What is important to you when it comes to a bank branch, as a consumer? Or as a Small Business
- When do you prefer to walk into a bank branch and talk to someone, and when are you comfortable solving matters yourself?
- Which other services or skills could the bank supply to you and your business?
- What could the bank branch look and feel like in the future?
Our team will get to know you and together we will create a prototype for the bank branch of the future!
What’s in it for you?
- You will meet a diverse range of people who have all come together to make banking better.
- You will learn how a fintech startup develops new products and services.
- You will get to influence the design of the future bank branch.
- You will receive £50 in cash in exchange for your time and ideas (£100 cash if you come from outside London).
- You will be entered into a prize draw to win an iPad (if you are a small business owner) or an Apple watch (if you are a consumer)
The product and customer leads will be there and are excited to hear your stories!
– REGISTRATION CLOSED –
Why in Harrow Road?
Harrow Road in the London Borough of Westminster is a struggling high street. It has been ranked the third worst in the country by economic performance, and the worst in London. The last bank branch on Harrow Road closed down a while back.
Dozens has teamed up with Westminster City Council to explore what the future of high streets could mean in the context of financial services. We are moving into a space for a month to engage with residents and businesses around money, high streets, and the role of financial services.
Would you like to see what our previous co-creation days looked like?